Applications now available for BCAP transportation payments

The USDA has now issued the forms that farmers and biomass conversion facilities need to apply for Collection, Harvest, Storage and Transportation (CHST) payments under the Biomass Crop Assistance Program (BCAP).

The Notice of Funds Availability was issued on June 11th, and USDA is now accepting applications from both farmers and biomass conversion facilities wishing to participate in this part of the program.  Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and no deadline for applications has been set.  See your county Farm Service Agency (FSA) office for more information on applying for BCAP CHST payments.

The regulations and funding for payments for energy crop establishment are under BCAP are expected later this year, in time for sign-ups to occur for the 2010 crop year.  The USDA is currently in the process of preparing a Programmatic Environmental Impact Statement for BCAP and plans to issue proposed rules for the establishment portion of the program rather than another NOFA.

Sign up for updates from FSA on Twitter.